Job Reference: BO3
Operational Technology Engineer
- Alabama, Alabama
- £56300 - £91400 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven life sciences are currently partnered with one of the world’s leading Steelmakers. Our partners use state of the art technology to create the steel that is used in various global markets such as automotive, construction, and HVAC industries. With a workforce of 190,000 employees spread across 60 countries, our partner is at the forefront of digitization and cutting-edge technology to enhance their operations and deliver stronger, faster, and smarter results. At the heart of our partner’s success is its diverse and high-performing teams that work collaboratively to achieve organizational goals. We actively seek talented and motivated individuals who share our passion for making a difference and contributing to success.
Do you have what it takes?
- The ideal candidate will manage Level 2 process automation projects supporting the rolling mills through the design and implementation of applications, databases, hardware, and HMI systems to meet the business goals of the company.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 4+ years’ experience with the following:
- C#, C++, SQL
- HMI Systems (WinCC/Wonderware)
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle or SQL Server preferred)
- Capable of analyzing technical information and quickly learning new technical skills
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Must be familiar with programming languages.
- Experience working in process manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience with cold rolling mill environment preferred.
Traits To Be Successful
- Understanding of process automation applications in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrating strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Structured approach and attention to detail
- Demonstrating strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to company values; Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfils the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working in a team-oriented environment, communicating effectively and appropriately with other engineers independent of area of specialization
- Coordinating and instructing user acceptance testing procedures with both functional analysts in the Production Systems team and end users of developed solutions
- Conducting code review to maintain code standards within the team, participating in review of own code.
- Conducting administration, development, technical support, and deployment in the existing automation system from various vendors to adapt the system to upcoming additional requests.
- Providing software configuration and customization including, but not limited to report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations.
Your Work Environment
- Office and Industrial setting in production areas when necessary; to include work-from-home opportunities.
- Gulf coast region in AL
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
Our partners offer excellent benefits and perks to attract top candidates and make employees’ lives easier. These include health and wellness options, financial protection plans, competitive compensation with bonuses and relocation packages, workplace flexibility with remote work opportunities, paid time off and holidays, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and professional development training. The company’s culture is built on safety, teamwork, accountability, relationships, and sustainability, with a focus on collaboration and diversity. Additionally, on-site convenience markets and community involvement opportunities enhance the team members’ way of life.