Job Reference: BO2
Engineer – Quality Design & Slab Management
- Alabama, Alabama
- £56300 - £91400 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven life sciences are currently partnered with one of the world’s leading Steelmakers. Our partners use state of the art technology to create the steel that is used in various global markets such as automotive, construction, and HVAC industries. With a workforce of 190,000 employees spread across 60 countries, our partner is at the forefront of digitization and cutting-edge technology to enhance their operations and deliver stronger, faster, and smarter results. At the heart of our partner’s success is its diverse and high-performing teams that work collaboratively to achieve organizational goals. We actively seek talented and motivated individuals who share our passion for making a difference and contributing to success.
Do You Have What It Takes
- The ideal candidate will collaborate with slab suppliers to support product development and continuous improvement with current products related to the steelmaking process.
- This position supports supplier selection in both capability and capacity with quality and cost as the focus to meet the business goals of the company and meeting our customers’ requirements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgy
- Previous working experience in Steelmaking
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) & 8D investigations
- Experience/interest in learning how to use tools to develop tracking systems and dashboards
- Data management interest and capability: extracting, sorting, and manipulating data for sharing to different audiences
- Knowledge of Hot Rolling, Cold Rolling, and Coating processes
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of automated camera inspection equipment
- Knowledge of monitoring costs
- Knowledge of rail, barge, and trucking of steel slabs
Traits To Be Successful
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders, work in small and large teams.
- Willingness to work directly with hourly technicians, operators, and suppliers closely to affect proper work practices and successful work execution.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Anticipate and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Build partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect.
- Demonstrate the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage quality based corrective actions for slab suppliers.
- Monitor Steelmaking and casting outputs and provide feedback for slab quality model improvements.
- Ensure that all documents meet the requirements of AM/NS, IATF/ISO, and the customer for content and timeliness of response.
- Ensure that they are read-across checks with the appropriate components with slab suppliers.
- Monitor slab inventory and proper allocation.
- Issue weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports that detail quality performance of each slab supplier
- Execute and submit product claims to Slab Procurement Team
- Work with Mill Quality, Quality Management, Slab Procurement, and Logistics to foster an integrated mindset.
- Participate in supplier visits or review meetings to provide and review processor performance and audit corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Assist Commercial Team with technical expertise and sourcing activity to attain the most cost efficient and quality effective solutions to customer inquiries for new business.
Your Work Environment
- Office and industrial setting
- Gulf coast region in, AL
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
Our partners offer excellent benefits and perks to attract top candidates and make employees’ lives easier. These include health and wellness options, financial protection plans, competitive compensation with bonuses and relocation packages, workplace flexibility with remote work opportunities, paid time off and holidays, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and professional development training. The company’s culture is built on safety, teamwork, accountability, relationships, and sustainability, with a focus on collaboration and diversity. Additionally, on-site convenience markets and community involvement opportunities enhance the team members’ way of life.