Job Reference: BO1
Engineer – Quality Auto IDS
- Alabama, Alabama
- £56300 - £91400 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven life sciences are currently partnered with one of the world’s leading Steelmakers. Our partners use state of the art technology to create the steel that is used in various global markets such as automotive, construction, and HVAC industries. With a workforce of 190,000 employees spread across 60 countries, our partner is at the forefront of digitization and cutting-edge technology to enhance their operations and deliver stronger, faster, and smarter results. At the heart of our partner’s success is its diverse and high-performing teams that work collaboratively to achieve organizational goals. We actively seek talented and motivated individuals who share our passion for making a difference and contributing to success.
Do you have what it takes?
- The ideal candidate will provide strong engineering support through process optimization and continuous improvement within the QA Design business unit to meet the quality goals of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Materials or Metallurgical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in research, operations, quality assurance, product development and/or manufacturing
- Experience in application of Lean Six Sigma to improve product performance and reliability through process redesign.
- Experience in failure investigation and root cause analysis in metallurgical or steel manufacturing environment.
- Metallurgical understanding of the production and processing of AHSS and GEN3 Steels.
- SAP experience
- MES and statistical analysis experience
Traits To Be Successful
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to competently handle a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technological acumen including proficiency with Microsoft products.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading product and process optimization through continuous improvement of AHSS and GEN3 steels
- Support manufacturing technology and product development in the tactical implementation of the commercial business plan
- Analyze customer and industry materials specifications for mill capability to meet dimensional, chemical, mechanical, and other characteristics.
- Act as technical liaison between the customer, sales, technical services, and the mill quality / operations for new business opportunities existing business & production order regarding product quality aspects
- Develop, maintain, and track performance of quality business management systems for compliance, and conduct periodic internal audits of quality systems.
Your Work Environment
- Office and Industrial setting
- Gulf coast region in AL
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
Our partners offer excellent benefits and perks to attract top candidates and make employees’ lives easier. These include health and wellness options, financial protection plans, competitive compensation with bonuses and relocation packages, workplace flexibility with remote work opportunities, paid time off and holidays, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and professional development training. The company’s culture is built on safety, teamwork, accountability, relationships, and sustainability, with a focus on collaboration and diversity. Additionally, on-site convenience markets and community involvement opportunities enhance the team members’ way of life.